Thursday, January 3, 2013

Top 12 Experiences Of '12

2012 was an incredible year; one of the best ever. I'm stoked to see what 2013 brings! Here's a few pictures to illustrate the countdown of my TOP 12 EXPERIENCES OF 2012!  
*For the full blog post, click on the relevant link (title) for each.


# 12.  Many visits to Khanom-- one of my favorite beaches in Thailand



beach camping
this little piggy went to the beach

# 11.  Wrestling with tigers at the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai
big spoon
got 'em, coach!
"Come here and give me a kiss, ya big pussy!"

# 10.  Living in a shipping container home in the jungle


Jungle crib... Surat Thani, Thailand.

# 9.  Private helicopter ride from Kathmandu to Lukla, Nepal

"Get in the choppa!"
# 8.  Visiting America (twice!)
Annapolis, Maryland, U.S.A.
TKE's at Travis & Nicole's wedding in NY
Mom and the boys
Dad's wedding.  A healthy bloodline right there.

# 7.  A month spent traveling Thailand's "Northern Loop"
Karen "long neck" at the hilltribe village
me with the monks in Mae Hong Son

# 6.  Return to Khao Sok National Park and Ratchaprapha Dam
conquerors of the cave

 coolest lake ever... eat your heart out Jurassic Park
# 5.  Weekend at Bamboo Nest de Chiang Rai


Old Whitey



# 4.  Finishing my first half marathon and organizing a fundraiser for my Burmese students in Mae Sot
DESTROMINATION
Knowledge Zone!
# 3.  Rockclimbing at Railay Beach



# 2.  Camping at Ang Thong National Marine Park



# 1.  Mt. Everest Base Camp Trek
Top of the World (almost)
Kala Patthar (5,545 meters/18,192 feet in elevation)
I'm doing BIG things in 2013 and I hope you all do too. Here's to an incredible year!

BONUS MENTION:  Scuba diving in Koh Tao (forgot about this one)

Feel free to comment below...

No comments:

Post a Comment